THE MUSE JOURNAL CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Muse: A Journal of Creative and Critical Writing of the Department of English and Literary Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
The Board calls for submission for its forthcoming publication of The Muse Journal No. 47. The Journal publishes works from anywhere in the world.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Entries MUST be sent in as Microsoft Word attachments in 12 font size, Times New Roman font. Do not include your name in attachment.
- Entries MUST be the original work of the author and must not have been published elsewhere.
- Entries are to be restricted to the following genres and specifications:
Critical Essays/Research Papers on Language or Literature MUST not exceed 3500 words. Submit a single entry.
Literary Review Papers MUST be of a book not published earlier than 2017 and MUST not exceed 2000 words. Submit a single entry.
Plays MUST not exceed 2500 words. Submit a single entry.
Short stories should be between 1500-3500 words. Submit a single entry.
Flash Fiction must not exceed 500 words.
Poetry: Submit a maximum of 3 poems of not more than 30 lines each.
Pidgin Poetry: Submit a maximum 3 poems of not more than 30 lines each.
Art works should be scanned and sent as a Microsoft word.
Hybrids are accepted too. Should not exceed 2000 words. Submit a single entry.
- Subject of the email should be in this format: Submission for the Muse 47: Genre: Title of the work.
- Include a bio of not more than 100 words in a different attachment.
- Send your entries to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originality is of essence. We encourage reviews and criticisms on works of ‘writer-graduates’ of the department for this edition.
SUBMISSION started 12:00am, 10th June, 2019.
DEADLINE is 11:59pm, 1st August, 2019.
Only STUDENT contributors are eligible to enter for and win prizes in the genres. Writers are encouraged to write works based on contemporary issues. Student contributors are eligible to win prizes available in the genres such as:
Mr. Emeka Anuforo prize for Overall Literary Artist
Fr. Prof Akwanya’s prize for Critical Writing
Fr. Chigbu’s prize for Literary Review
Mr. Eriata Oribhabor’s prize for Pidgin Poetry
Mr. Ejesu’s prize for Drama and others.
Signed: Okpo, Romanus (Editor)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!