We are seeking for the contributions of poets and writers to take part in the movement of creating a voice for the Boy-Child all over the world.
Having taken cognizance of the need to preserve our boys and save them from what the society has foisted in them as super humans or robotic humans who have no right to cry, weep, laugh, and show their emotions and still remain a boy, we are delighted to announce the call for submissions for the Second Anthology of the ‘Boys Are Not Stones’ campaign, to mark the Boy-Child Day.
This initiative is geared towards creating, giving and showing the boys that they are not immune to sexual harassment and emotional wrecks. Also, to change the narrative of ‘men don’t cry’ and show that boys have the right to show their weakness.
The following categories are open to submissions:
- Prose: flash fiction and short stories not exceeding 300 words and 2,000 words respectively.
- Poetry: a maximum of one poem per submission.
- Essays & Reviews: 2500 words maximum.
- The theme of this anthology is centred on the plight, pains, endanger and neglect of the Boy Child in the society. However, entrants should endeavour to explore issues combating the Boy Child.
- Submissions are open to writers and artists from all parts of the world.
- All submissions must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Submissions should be accompanied with a biography (not more than 100 words) and contact details of the entrant.
- All entries must be submitted via email in a word .doc format to BoyAreNotStones@gmail.com with the subject – FOR THE BOYCHILD 2019 and category of submission. E.g. “For The BoyChild 2019, Poetry.”
Submission Deadline: November 5, 2019
Note: Authors of selected works will receive a complimentary soft copy of the publication.